Summer Visits

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Happy August! How have you been? I've missed you so, blogger buds! 


Work has really ramped up. The blog and house have grown quiet except for the sounds of tweeting and talking to my cat to keep sane (do you Tweet? let's Tweet...@JuliaDraw). 
Matt is also art lead on his company's latest video game project so our little family is running an art marathon together! WOOSH. There are dreams of vacation in September (Virginia or Nantucket–any hotel recs. welcome!) but for now, summer exists in savored little visits: blueberry farms, escape-for-lunch dates, late night walks on Wollaston beach ("around town" Quincy pics to come). My work-away-from-home spot : Crema Cafe in Harvard, where the food is artful, the tables have a charming wobble, and the people are tip top...


Speaking of little visits, I just had two virtual ones. One was at The Girls of Summer blog by two award-winning authors and women whom I greatly admire, Gigi Amateau and Meg Medina. The other was an interview with the very gracious Rosa St. Claire for Examiner.com. Monday, I real-life visited a beloved spot with my talented lady-friend Amanda Atkins, The Curious George store in Harvard Square. We met the lovely manager and buyer, Broche Fabian, and friendly staff and I signed some stock. As you know, this was my first place of employment in Boston, under the original owners. I'm so glad the space has reopened as a bright spot again in the heart of Harvard Square. It's beautiful!






And for a dose of beautiful, skip over to Anita Silvey's Book-A-Day Almanac where she is featuring Natalie Babbitt's unforgettable description of "August" today...Till next time!


4 comments:

Mai Kemble said...

my fam recently visited Boston and mentioned also going by the Curious George bookstore! Needless to say I was envious!! ;)
lovely pics!

www.juliadenos.com said...

Hey Mai! How's summer? You'll have to come visit yourself then :) It's a great place! xJ

Allison said...

I'm so glad the Curious George store has reopened. I was very sad when I heard it was closing! This is lovely news.

julie degni marr said...

You should treat yourselves to a stay at Keswick Hall in Charlottesville, Virginia. It is elegant and extraordinary! And only a few minutes from wonderful Monticello, which talented you - of all people - would find endlessly fascinating. :)