Crocuses

Friday, March 13, 2009


The first brave flowers to come out of hiding! Matt took this picture on our warm weekend stroll, they were such a fresh and happy sight! It felt like it had been AGES since I'd seen a crocus. Isn't it funny how every time the seasons change, grown-ups and children and animals too all become so excited, as if this really is the very first time winter has ever changed to spring?

"Spring is here again. Spring is the earth's birthday. It comes again and again and again."

-Alice and Martin Provensen, A Book of Seasons, 1976

5 comments:

ETCIllustration said...

Hooray! Hooray, hooray for spring! It really is as though we're seeing spring for the first time every year, because after months of cold spring is like an intangible distant memory. This post makes me happy :)

p.s. Thanks for your kind post on my blog! My favorite (to draw) is Longfellow.

Lauren Castillo said...

Ahh, I remember A Book of Seasons from when I was a kid--what a great book:) And YES, Spring cannot come soon enough for me!

e.b. goodale said...

oh, one more reason to love the Provensens

Josephine Cameron said...

Oh you're so lucky! If it's happening for you, that means it's coming to Maine...soon!

Kate said...

I love crocuses! Yeah for Spring!