Sigur Ros : Glosoli

Thursday, November 29, 2007

I rarely, if ever, post a movie or imbedded object, but this object is worth your time! I am continually brought inspiration by this music video for Sigur Ros' "Glosoli", and always deeply moved. It is hard to even put into words what happens to me when I take in the quiet yet crescendo-climbing melody, the native/Icelandic inspired aesthetic, the roles and characterization of each child, and the archetypes all over the place, blended so truly together.

Something about it speaks strongly to my insides, in a language I can understand perfectly, though ironically the lyrics are in Icelandic... It is a powerful little video, take a peek, if you wish. Now THIS is some fuel for character design!!

3 comments:

Annie Patterson said...

I agree, that is so inspiring! I love the costumes and the scenery.
Thank for sharing!

Austin Huang said...

I'm not sure about this song, but a lot of their songs aren't even in icelandic:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hopelandic

fb42 said...

I completely agree. This music video stands alone for me as the most sublime bittersweet/euphoric music video I've ever seen. When I first saw it I was compelled to share it with everyone I know. I just stumbled across your blog after having Googled to find out more about it; not something I'm in the habit of doing for music videos. The only video that comes close in my opinion, although a definite second, would be Björk's All Is Full Of Love.