Stories Are Blooming

Thursday, March 29, 2012


WriteWriteWrite....


Hello friends! Not much art to post lately, I've been making things out of words.

Writing days are so different from drawing days...using words instead of sharpened pencils; pulling things out of silence, instead of blank white paper. It feels right to be writing again though, like both of my feet are on the ground now, all of me is awake and something is blooming. I've been waiting years to give myself the time. The beginning of a YA novel showed up on Leap Day and I've been living in it since. Research is filling my days too, so I'm running between local libraries with a pocket full of nonfiction call numbers (yes!) because of course, it's a touch historical... :)



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

But, of course you're writing! It was only a matter of time

Mai Kemble said...

this is pretty exciting news... I really wish I could read it.

:)

good luck!

Anonymous said...

Seems like something from the 18th century.. am I right? Good luck!

www.juliadenos.com said...

Thanks folks!...more the 17th than 18th century...which means I'm living in a world without standardized spelling right now, so its really getting interesting.

Amanda Laurel Atkins said...

sooooo exciting :)

Amanda WG said...

ooh! i am way late to the party, but this sounds fantastic! cant wait to see what you do :)

xAmanda